Is it just me, or is the bathroom seriously the worst part about cleaning your home? I like having a clean place around me, but I HATE cleaning bathrooms. Especially the tub/shower.
I’ve tried all different kinds of cleaners, different scrubbing or wiping techniques, and of course keeping a cleaning schedule. It never feels any easier or less suffocating.
The most troublesome is my glass shower. It’s so dang small, which makes it hard to maneuver around with a scrubber. Plus, since we have hard water here in Hippo Land, I can never ever ever get the glass to a sparkling clean. It’s infuriating.
For now, the best method I’ve found is to go wall-by wall with the following steps:
- Spray cleaner (I use a home-made mix of vinegar, lemon juice, baking soda, and water.)
- Sponge it down. (I usually use a regular dish sponge, the scouring side.)
- Rinse it off. (Using an old cup, I rinse off the excess.)
- Squeegee to reduce streaks and water spots.
- Repeat on each wall, followed by the base/tub.